1. All information given in the itinerary is based on the latest information available. Border-Less Travel cannot be liable for modified information from third parties after the moment of sending, nor for any obvious typing errors.
2. All tours will be booked and confirmed only after receiving a 30% deposit of the basic program rate. For gorilla permits, a full advance payment of the permit fee is required
3. All packages are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed. Many accommodations offered have limited capacity and therefore it is essential to make reservations well in advance.
4. In the event that you wish to amend your reservation, Border-Less Travel Ltd reserves the right to charge an amendment fee conform to the actual costs, which will be added to the total invoice.
5. Border-Less Travel Ltd. Will provide transportation; arrange accommodation, restaurant meals, excursions and other services in cooperation with independent suppliers.
6. Border-Less Travel Ltd reserves the right to change and re-adjust the tour schedule, transportation, accommodation and services indicated in the itinerary in the event of unforeseen eventualities before arrival.
Prices and Services
7. The prices quoted for the various safaris are as per the itinerary and include the following services, unless stated differently: overnight in hotels, guesthouses, tents or lodges, all meals as indicated, sightseeing as noted in the itinerary, park entrance fees and ranger fees, airport transfers where applicable, ground transportation, English speaking driver/guides and bottled mineral water in the vehicle.
8. Expenses that are not covered: international and domestic air fares, visa and passports, meals not mentioned in the itinerary, drinks other than the mineral water provided in the vehicle, tips and gratuities for the guides and accommodation staff, laundry, travel insurance and other items of personal nature.
9. No guarantees can be given for game viewing as it is a privilege to see animals in their natural habitat. You must take caution when viewing the animals and follow up on the instructions given by either the tour guide or rangers.
10. A gorilla or chimpanzee permit guarantees clients to track the primates in question to their location but does not guarantee that the animals will be in plain sight.
11. Accommodation is based on a twin or double bedded room, tent or banda, with private bathroom where possible. Single rooms may be available with the payment of a supplement fee but cannot always be guaranteed. In case of the community experience, a sleeping mattress and sleeping bag shall be provided and in most cases you will sleep on the floor.
12. Border-Less Travel reserves the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of equivalent standard is not available Border-Less Travel may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest a superior at an extra charge.
13. The mode of transport utilized will be dependent on the number of clients and the route taken based on the specifications of the chosen itinerary. Every effort is made to ensure that vehicles are provided in a roadworthy condition but no liability can be accepted for a puncture, breakdown, damage, or any delay as a result of the poor road conditions.
14. Border-Less Travel reserves the right to alter any route or arrangement, to cancel the operation of any scheduled tour or vary the safari services in any way in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as road closures, bad weather, problems with national parks or hotels and security considerations. In such cases alternative arrangements will be made as circumstances permit.
15. Border-Less Travel reserves the right to employ sub-contractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied.
16. The right will be retained to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if, in Border-Less Travels opinion or in the opinion of any other person in authority, the person concerned behaves in such a way to cause or be likely to cause danger, hazard or inconvenience to any third party, damage to property or to environments and ecosystems. No refunds will be made and Border-Less Travel shall not be liable for expenses incurred as a result of the termination.
17. Bookings made within 6 weeks before arrival must be fully paid at the time of confirmation.
18. If payment is not received in accordance with the above, Border-Less Travel has the right to cancel the booking.
19. Payment can be made by bank electronic transfer or received in cash, in any way before the start of the safari. We do not take travellers cheques as yet.
An additional Bank charge of 1% to be incurred on the transfer by the client and included on the total payment.
20. All cancellation requests must be made in writing and shall be put in place on the date of actual receipt by Border-Less Travel.
The following terms apply in case of cancellation:
Three months or more prior to arrival - a full refund
Two months prior to arrival - 25% charge
One month Prior to arrival - 35%charge
Two weeks prior to arrival - 50% charge
One Week prior to - 75% charge
Any cancellation made within 48 hours or less prior to arrival attracts a 100% charge
Please note: Gorilla permit fees are 100% non-refundable.
No refunds will be made for any unused services, late arrival or no-show of any of the members of the tour.
21. Border-Less Travel shall try to ensure that the company exceeds the expectations in every area of the tour arrangements. However, suggestions are very much appreciated in order to keep improving the quality of the service we provide.
22. Complaints must be reported immediately to the Border-Less Travel representative and to the supplier of the service in question, who will do their best to resolve the matter. If the problem is not solved to the client’s satisfaction the complaint should be reported in written form and not later than 30 days after completion of the tour.
23. Liability for any complaints not notified in accordance with the above described procedure cannot be accepted.
24. Border-Less Travel will make every effort to ensure that all arrangements and services connected to the safari will be carried out as specified in the most efficient and effective way possible. However, the company does not have direct control of the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst every supplier is chosen with the utmost care, Border-Less Travel does not accept liability for errors or omissions of such suppliers.
25. Border-Less Travel shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature whatsoever whether to person or property.
26. Whilst every care is taken, Border-Less Travel cannot be held responsible for the direct or indirect costs of loss or damage to baggage or personal possessions.
27. Border-Less Travel cannot accept liability or pay compensation for unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the company or its staff, including flight delays/cancellations or force majeure such as war or threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist acts, border closure, acts of government or other authorities, strikes, thefts, epidemics, road closures, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, extreme weather conditions, fire, technical and/or mechanical problems to transport and all similar events beyond the company’s control.
28. It is the responsibility of the travel agency/wholesaler to ensure that all members of the tour have the appropriate passports, visas, travel permits, health certificates and other documentation required for the safari.
29. It is the responsibility of the clients to take proper medical and practical precautions in regard to health and safety. Medical advice should be sought well before travelling.
30. Clients are strongly advised to obtain comprehensive travel insurance before coming to Uganda. Local evacuation coverage is available in the unlikely event of a medical emergency while out on safari with Border-Less Travel.
31. The respective laws of the country govern Border-Less Travel liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles. All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the cause of action arises.