6 days Uganda primate safari
Kibale National Park, one of the most accessible of Uganda’s major rainforests and home to a remarkable 13 primate species, including the much localized red colobus and L’Hoest’s monkey. Kibale’s major attraction, however, is the opportunity to track habituated chimpanzees – these delightful apes are more closely related to humans than to any other living creature and are tremendous fun to watch as they squabble and play in fruiting trees. A network of shady forest trails provides much to delight in, for botanists and butterfly lovers, if you love birds; you are in for a treat with 335 species recorded including the endemic Prirogrine’s ground thrush.
We will also visit Mgahinga Gorilla national park for gorilla trekking that may last from 3 hours up to 8 hours or more of the day sometimes under wet conditions. It is advisable to bring along sturdy hiking boots, rain poncho and be physically ready. Looking deep into the expressive brown eyes of the mountain gorillas is surely the most exciting and poignant wildlife encounter that Africa has to offer.
In Mgahinga, you will go golden monkey tracking, a very scenic park standing at three volcanoes, Muhavura, Gahinga and Sabyiny and on the borders with Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park and Virunga National Park in DR Congo. The search for these primates involves a hike over the volcanic terrain in search for the Golden Monkeys in the bamboo forests.
Things to consider:
- Mid-range tour – Accommodated tour
- Group Tour – The tour is run for more than 2 people at a go
- Can depart any day? – This tour can depart any day
- Can be customized? – This tour can be customized
Minimum require age – Suitable for ages16 and older
Tour Summary (See full day-by-day for more details)
- You’ll go to Uganda
- This tour starts and ends in Kampala (Uganda) – Getting there & away
- You’ll visit Kampala (city), Kibale Forest, QENP, Mgahinga Gorilla Park
- Activities: Chimp Tracking, Gorilla Trekking, Golden Monkey tracking, Bird Watching, Game Drive, Site Seeing
- Getting around: 4×4 Safari Land cruiser / Minivan
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included