7 days + 4 parks Safari
This safari begins and ends in Kampala/Entebbe.
Our trip begins with a scenic road trip to western Uganda to Kibale Forest national park. Kibale National Park (formerly Kibale Forest NP) is the best place for chimpanzee tracking in Uganda. There are 13 species of primates that have been recorded in the park, which is the highest number in Uganda. Aside from chimps, several species can usually be found on the primate walks. Birds and butterflies are abundant.
By road we’ll drive down from Kibale to the most famous park, Queen Elizabeth national park for a boat ride on kazinga channel and optionally, the tree climbing lions of Ishasha. Queen Elizabeth National Park is Uganda’s most popular savanna reserve and has the widest variety of wildlife of any Ugandan park. The variety of habitats include grassland savanna, forests, wetlands and lakes. This provides the setting for an extensive range of large mammals and primates. Four of the Big five are present and regularly seen. Rhinos are absent.
The Adventure will take you to the southwestern Uganda, Virunga mountains to Bwindi Impenetrable forest to experience the breathtaking mountain gorillas. Bwindi is a pristine rainforest on the edge of the Albertine Rift Valley. The terrain is a string of ridges and valleys covered in very dense impenetrable forest. Bwindi Forest is the best place in Uganda to track mountain gorillas. The park protects half the world’s population and has several habituated groups. The forest is also a bird-watcher’s paradise with 350 species recorded, including many Albertine Rift endemics.
Before we end this famous Uganda safari, from Bwindi we’ll stop over at Lake Mburo national park for a walking safari. This scenic little park, close to Kampala, is home to several wildlife species not easily seen elsewhere in Uganda. These include – Rothschild’s giraffe, Burchell’s zebra and impala. Although elephants are absent from the park, there is plenty of other wildlife to see. This is the only park in Uganda where people can view savanna animals on foot, from a mountain bike, horseback and in a vehicle.
Things to consider:
- Mid-range tour – Accommodated tour
- Group Tour – The tour is run for more than 2 people at a go
- Can depart any day? – This tour can depart any day
- Can be customized? – This tour can be customized
Minimum require age – Suitable for ages16 and older
Tour Summary (See full day-by-day for more details)
- You’ll go to Uganda
- This tour starts and ends in Kampala (Uganda) – Getting there & away
- You’ll visit Kamapala (city), Kibale Forest, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Lake Mburo National Park
- Activities: Gorilla Trekking, Game Drive, Bird Watching, Site Seeing
- Getting around: 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included